PollEx PCB Thermal's Considering Points
- Tightly integrated into PollEx PCB which is interfaced with various PCB design tools.
- Performs accurate 3-D finite element steady-state thermal analysis.
- Analyzes any shape or size of PCB.
- Analyzes any type of PCB construction and material.
- Analyzes any type of cooling scheme.
- Models convection, radiation, and conduction boundary conditions.
- Models any locally varying thermal boundary condition.
- Models any component package type.
- Provides easy and convenient ways of thermal characterization of components.
- Uses component and material libraries for repetitive uses.
- Analyzes any type of component heat sink.
-Can be employed at pre-and post-route stages.
-Actual routed geometries are accounted for Post-route analysis.
- Automatically generates a large scale finite element model including the PCB, components, and the interface between the components and PCB.
- Outputs temperatures at the junction and surfaces of components as well as the surfaces and mid-plane of PCB.
- Thermal issues are resolved very early in the design stage, eliminating costly design changes and iterations.
- Automatic modeling and fast analysis allow users to quickly validate multiple design options, optimizing the PCB and system designs.